Eight Iowa City and Coralville Companies Participate in Competition
Entrepreneurs and Startups all over Iowa have entered to win $25,000 from the Iowa Business Plan Competition
By: Shaina Tromp
Iowa City, IOWA—After fifty companies submitted their executive summaries to the Iowa Business Plan Competition (IBPC) only twenty-six of them have been chosen to continue to the next round. To prepare for the second stage of the IBPC the remaining companies have been asked to submit their business plans. Only the best plans will be chosen to proceed to the next stage of the competition.
So far, eight Iowa City and Coralville companies are still in the running for the grand prize of $25,000. They are:
- Immortagen, LLC: Biotechnology-Kristina Thiel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovas Technologies LLC: Industrial/Energy-Charles Dirks: email@example.com
- Iowa Adaptive Technologies: Medical Devices and Equipment-Richard Hurtig: Richardfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Kamath Biosciences LLC dba Cardiostrong: Food and Beverage-Anant Kamath: email@example.com
- Pear Deck: Internet/Web Service-Michal Eynon-Lynch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pxAlpha: Medical Devices and Equipment-Blake Dirksen: email@example.com
- Real Property Intelligence, LLC: Real Estate-John Nicholson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TranslaCare, Inc.: Software-Ryan Ries: email@example.com
The companies will be submitting their business plans July 24 and will know on August 12 if they have been chosen to present their idea to the judges.
“I think being a part of Venture School helped me understand what the Business Plan Competition was looking for in their submissions,” said John Nicholson, one of the IBPC competitors.
The IBPC strives to assist entrepreneurs develop their business plans and provide awareness of entrepreneurial resources throughout the state of Iowa. Since its beginning in 2005, the Iowa Business Plan Competition has distributed more than $400,000 in prize money to assist companies like the ones listed above in succeeding, and will continue to do so in the future. For more information about the IBPC visit the website at http://iowabusinessplancompetition.com/ or contact Lee Groeschl at firstname.lastname@example.org.